Direct Your Dollars Program
The Myasthenia Gravis Foundation of Michigan has the opportunity to earn $1,000 from SpartanNash, simply by shopping at any local SpartanNash store (in the Grand Rapids area that's Family Fare Supermarket, D&W Fresh Market or Forest Hills Foods). Through the Direct Your Dollars program, we can turn eligible receipts into cash for our organization!
For every $150,000 in receipts we collect, we will earn $1,000 donation from SpartanNash. With your support – and your receipts – we'll be raising money to support Michigan patients with MG!
Please mail your receipts to: MGMI, 2660 Horizon Dr., Suite 235, Grand Rapids, MI 49546. Please share this with your friends and co-workers. Thank you for your help!!!
Circle of Friends
CIRCLE OF FRIENDS GUIDELINES PURPOSE: To facilitate communication between patients and/ or their significant other on issues of living with Myasthenia Gravis by sharing with and learning from others. It is also a connection for patients who may not have the opportunity to attend Information and Support meetings. You may have your name added or removed from the list at any time by informing our office.
The Circle of Friends is a wonderful way to connect with others, while keeping in mind the following guidelines:
- When phoning, be courteous as to the time of day, length of conversation and frequency when contacting others. Be aware that the person you call may not have as much time to talk as you.
- Respect others privacy. Do not probe. Let the other divulge what information they are comfortable in giving out.
- Limit your discussion to your personal dealings with MG.
- Should issues arise that make you uncomfortable, please inform the chapter office. All matters will remain private and confidential.
- Sharing and learning the medication and regimen of others are positive, but remember that you should consult with your physician before making any change in your own program.
The list is for you to use if you need or want to speak with someone about MG. All the folks on this Circle of Friends list are interested in and willing to be contacted by anyone needing to talk about MG, whether a patient, family or friend. Folks on the list have indicated what avenue of contact is O.K. – phone, mail and/ or e-mail.
The Circle of Friends is a wonderful way to connect with others! But, please keep in mind the guidelines.
Make a Donation
Federal ID# 38-2110097
What does your donation provide?
Information and Support meetings in several cities throughout Michigan. Patients and their families and friends learn about the illness by sharing tips on living with the condition.
Educational materials for patients, the public and medical professionals.
A network where patients connect with each other through the "Circle of Friends".
Newsletters featuring activities, medical and/ or patient oriented articles.
Medication Assistance Program to provide financial support of medications to treat MG.
Assist newly diagnosed patients in adjusting to MG and coordinating in-hospital visits upon request.
We also support research to find the cause and cure of MG. Working together we move toward a world without MG.Annual Appeal
We are pleased to have James Booth Burr Jr. present at our educational gathering for Myasthenia Gravis in Lansing. We will learn about Durable Powers of Attorney (medical and financial), their importance, and how they work. We will also learn about Health Care or Medical Care Directives, also known as "living wills," and DNR (Do Not Resuscitate). If time permits, he might talk briefly about Wills and Trusts. Bring your questions!
Please come with your questions about these important topics!
- How to plan ahead to get the medical care you want,
- Decisions prior to moments of crisis or grief,
- How to choose a person to act as your health care agent,
- Advance directives aren't just for older adults
- Help with Mailings of meeting notices or newsletters
- Assist in the office
- Newsletter and website information, links, stories, etc.
- Aid in events and event planning
- Make donation contacts for events